Terms and Conditions
The Privy Council Office (PCO) Canada is conducting an online consultation to inform the creation of a youth policy for Canada. This website is designed to offer Canadian youth an opportunity to provide their input and meaningfully engage with others through innovative tools such as video vignettes or “Have your say” booklet. The information collected through this consultation will help the PCO to better understand what Canada’s youth want to see in the country’s first ever youth policy. The Terms and Conditions set out the terms for use of the consultation website and the Privacy Notice sets out how your personal information will be collected and for which purpose, as well as how it will be used and disclosed. The Terms and Conditions and the Privacy Notice should be read jointly.
(1) Official languages
The Official Languages Act and Regulations set out when to use English and French to provide services to or communicate with members of the public. In some cases, such as for non-government sites, the legislation does not apply and content may be available in one official language only. Written and video comments will appear in their language of origin (see Third-party information liability disclaimer in Term (2)).
The Government of Canada is committed to achieving a high standard of accessibility as defined in the Standard on Web Accessibility and the Standard on Optimizing Websites and Applications for Mobile Devices. In the event of difficulty using the Web pages, applications or device-based mobile applications, please contact the PCO using the address below for assistance or to obtain alternative formats.
Third-party Information Liability Disclaimer
Some of the information on this consultation site has been provided by external sources, including members of the public. The Government of Canada is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of the information supplied by external sources. Content provided by external sources is not subject to official languages, privacy and accessibility requirements.
The Government is not responsible for third party platforms becoming unresponsive or unavailable.
(3) Using files located on non-Government of Canada servers
To improve the functionality of the PCO consultation website, certain files (such as open source libraries, images and scripts) may be delivered automatically to your browser via a server or content delivery network provided by WPP Group Canada Communications Limited operating as Hill+Knowlton Strategies Canada (H+K). The delivery of these files is intended to improve the user experience. Where applicable, specific privacy statements covering these files are included in this Privacy Notice.
(4) Linking to non-Government of Canada websites
Links to websites not under the control of the Government of Canada, including social media accounts are provided solely for convenience purposes. The Government of Canada is not responsible for the accuracy or reliability of the content and does not endorse the sites and their content. The Privacy Act or the Official Languages Act do not apply to these websites and the websites may not be accessible to persons with disabilities. Visitors should research the privacy policies of these non-government websites before providing any personal information.
(5) Ownership and usage of content
Materials on this website were developed for the purpose of consulting Canadian youth on issues of importance to them with the goal of creating a youth policy for Canada.
H+K manages the website on behalf of the Government of Canada.
By posting written or video comments on the site, you hereby grant the Government of Canada a non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, translate, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the user-generated content in connection with the PCO and H+K, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the user-generated content in any media format and through any media channel.
By posting a video onto the website, you hereby consent to the use and publication of your image. If you are a minor, you must obtain consent from a parent or guardian prior to posting a video of yourself. If another person is featured in the video, you must receive their consent (or the consent of their parent or guardian if they are a minor) prior to posting it on the website.
The Government of Canada reserves the right to use any user-generated content on the site for communications or any other purposes related to this consultation.
You may use and reproduce the materials as follows:
(6) Non-commercial reproduction
Subject to Terms (7) and (8) below regarding commercial purposes, you may reproduce the materials in whole or in part for non-commercial purposes, and in any format, without charge or further permission, provided you do the following:
- Exercise due diligence in ensuring the accuracy of the materials reproduced;
- Indicate both the complete title of the materials reproduced as well as the author (where available); and
- Indicate that the reproduction is a copy of the version available at youthaction.ca.
(7) Commercial reproduction-Consent Required-Held by Canada
Unless otherwise specified, you may not reproduce materials on this site, in whole or in part, for the purposes of commercial redistribution without prior written permission from the copyright administrator. To obtain permission to reproduce Government of Canada materials on this site for commercial purposes, contact:
Privy Council Office
66 Slater Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 5H1
Or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
(8) Copyright Held by Another Party
Some of the content on this site may be subject to the copyright of another party. Where information has been produced or copyright is not held by Government of Canada, the materials are protected under the Copyright Act, and international agreements. Details concerning copyright ownership are indicated on the relevant page(s).
(9) Trademark notice
The official symbols of the Government of Canada, including the Canada Wordmark, the Arms of Canada, and the flag symbol may not be reproduced, whether for commercial or non-commercial purposes, without prior written authorization.
(10) Participation guidelines
The PCO wants all participants to provide open and honest feedback in this consultation while ensuring a respectful and productive online discussion.
The Web is a 24/7 medium and your comments are welcome at any time. Text comments will be posted automatically as soon as they are received, while videos will be subject to moderation before they are posted. Active moderation of the text and video comments (e.g., responding publicly to comments) will be provided from 7AM to 9PM EST.
PCO or H+K may modify or edit your submission (written and/or video comments) for a better understanding or for technical reasons, but will strive to respect the content and meaning of your submission in doing so.
Discussion forum guidelines
All comments will be monitored and reviewed for appropriateness by the PCO and third-parties under agreement with the PCO and H+K, which reserves the right to participate. Comments that do not follow the guidelines outlined below are prohibited and may be removed by a moderator. Users not acting in accordance with these guidelines may be temporarily or permanently excluded from participating in the online consultation.
By choosing to participate in this online consultation, you agree to accept the following guidelines:
- Stay on topic and post comments and replies relevant to the issue.
- Be respectful and do not post any comments that are:
- Abusive, rude, obscene or contain profanity;
- Discriminatory such as based on race, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or disability;
- Slanderous, which includes unproven or inaccurate accusations or attacks against individuals or organizations;
- Aggressive, violent or threatening; and
- Contrary to the law.
- Do not spam, troll or make other attempts to disrupt the flow of discussion.
- Do not include personal information (e.g., names, phone numbers, email addresses) and /or information which could identify you or others in comments.
- Do not post any comments that are unclear or incoherent.
- Moderators reserve the right to remove, temporarily or permanently, any comments that they consider to interrupt the flow of conversation or detract from a productive conversation.
All video submissions will be reviewed by the PCO and/or H+K before they are made accessible to the public. This moderation is a precautionary measure to ensure guidelines are followed but it does not limit your liability and responsibility.
The PCO or H+K may modify or edit your submission for a better understanding or for technical reasons, but will strive to respect the content and meaning of your submission in doing so.
In using the video submission process, you shall not:
- copy any content unless expressly permitted to do so either herein or by the owner of the copied content;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that:
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, pornographic, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially or ethnically objectionable, encourages criminal behavior, gives rise to civil liability, violates any law, or is otherwise objectionable;
- You do not have a right to make available under any law or under a contractual relationship;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party (including privacy rights);
- is or contains unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, solicitations for business, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment or data or the consultation website or that of any users or viewers of the consultation website or that compromises a user’s privacy; or
- contains any falsehoods or misrepresentations or create an impression that you know is incorrect, misleading, or deceptive, or any material that could damage or harm minors in any way;
- shows any individuals who have not consented to their inclusion in the video and its submission to the consultation website;
- impersonate any person or entity or misrepresent their affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any material transmitted to or through the consultation website or impersonate another person or organization;
- interfere with or disrupt the consultation website or servers or networks connected to the consultation website, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the consultation website or probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, provincial, national or international law or regulation;
- collect or store personal data about other users or viewers;
- license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the consultation website or applications associated with this consultation;
- modify, translate, make derivative works of, disassemble, decompile, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of any third-party applications associated with this consultation or any software provided as part of the consultation website, except to the extent the foregoing restrictions are expressly prohibited by applicable law.
The PCO reserves the right to remove any content submitted that violates any of the above guidelines.
If you have any questions about these Terms or if you wish to make any complaint or claim with respect to the consultation, please contact us at: email@example.com.